Monday, December 31, 2012

My year in books


The rest of my year in books. My goal for this year was to read 50 books. I was doing so good! I'd read 30 by July.. but then I started nursing school and I only read 2 books from August to the beginning of december. I finished 3 on christmas break but alas... I'm going to have to set my goal even lower next year since I'll still be in school.

Looking for Alaska
The second John Green book I've read. This one is great! Although I'm convinced every book he writes is good. There is a sad part in this, like all of his books apparently? But its interesting and has neat characters.
Recommended for: John Green fans, YA, people who like to cry

The Evolution of Mara Dyer
I read the Evolution of Mara Dyer which is a continuation of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. I really enjoyed it and I especially liked the surprise ending and cliffhanger. Now I just need the next one in the series.
Recommended for: Young adults, YA fans, people who read the unbecoming, fans of psychological thrillers/mysteries

The Diviners
I picked this book up, sort of on a whim, because it's written by Libba Bray who is friends with Maureen Johnson. I read the summary and saw that it was set in the 20's and I was super excited. I'm a huge fan of flapper books. There is also a sort of mystery/thriller and magical component. It's like 500 pages long and I loved every page of it!
Recommended for: mystery/thriller lovers, fans of magic, YA

Reached
This the conclusion of the Matched trilogy. I enjoyed how this series ended and I thought that the ending was very interesting. We also finally find out who Cassia chooses (Ty or Xander).
Recommended for: fans of the trilogy, YA, dystopian fans

Midwife of Venice
I picked this one out because I love reading midwives' memoirs, this is a work of historical fiction and there really isn't that much about births in the book. There is basically only one and the rest of the book is about what happens to the main character. I still enjoyed it because I like historical fiction and this one is set in Venice, Italy in 1575.
Recommended for: Fans of historical fiction, midwives, birth junkies, italian lovers

Full year in books:



No comments:

Post a Comment