Saturday, March 3, 2012

In like a Lion


March is here! And boy does Mother Nature seemed to be pissed. We had tornado warnings and sirens going most of yesterday it seemed. Then in the afternoon there was a tornado (or maybe more than one) that touched down in southern Indiana and destroyed a couple of small towns.

Unfortunately my brother in law's 90 year old grandmother was living in one of the towns that got basically flattened. We had a tense couple of hours trying to figure out if her house was okay, where she was and whether she'd been hurt. Finally around 8 we finally heard that they had found her and she was on her way back up here to stay with family for a couple of weeks. Miraculously the little apartment building she lived in was basically fine, even though everything around it was gone. Just amazing.

My thoughts are with everyone that was affected by yesterdays tornadoes. (There were tornadoes in 8 states yesterday alone, I believe.) Sheesh.

Meanwhile I'm plugging away in school. I've got one more week till spring break, which I'm going to enjoy. Then 7 more weeks left in the semester. Just hoping I can make it through with the grades I need for this darn nursing program.

I wrote a post on my other blog about modesty and feminism, you can view it here.

Other than that I've been reading a lot (I've read 13 books so far this year!). I'm working towards my goal of 50 books in this year. If it keeps going like this, I may actually make it!

Picture of Emmie Lou from last week. (I promise her hair is really blonde, not red like it looks in that picture)


No comments:

Post a Comment